Saturday, April 30, 2005

captivated.

wow. this is goin to be deep...

i've been captivated lately. captivated by Jesus and His beauty. and to be completely honest, i haven't been in that place for a long time. worship in my everyday life. worship at work, just thinking about God and His beautiful Son. worship at home. worship in my car. more than music, more than just words. a lifestyle-i long for.

i actually was driving to a friend's house tonight and i looked to the sky, and my immediate thought was, "wow, my God is beautiful." i like to think of myself as an artist. and to see some artwork, it, in different ways, moves me. and tonight, just by a simple look to the skies, i was moved. to where no other can move me. only God.

i've been listening to a lot of great music, just completely, giving God the glory. and this great old song rings in my heart over and over...

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
there's just something about that Name.
Master, Savior, Jesus
Like the fragance after the rain.
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
Let all heaven and earth proclaim.
Kings and kingdoms will all pass away
But there's something about that name.

i can't remember the last time i just stopped and thought about the name of Jesus. but lately i've been taking the time and doing that. only in that name can a person find everything they will ever need. so i constantly ask myself, why not give everything i have to Him? why hold back? when all i ever need is in His hands, willing to freely give it me. In His name...salvation, healing, authority, power, glory, love, protection. No other name compares. AHHH, my God. so many thoughts.

I'm leading worship next Sunday at my home church, in Stevens Point, WI. in a way i'm kind of excited, but it will be interesting-to say the least. but all this, above, is goin to be said, in a shorter form. I just really feel God leading me to say a few things. I'm so consumed right now. it's so refreshing, i can't fully explain. so i won't try. but again, maybe it's just for me, this time. i dont' care.

just stop and think...Jesus.


that's all folks.

1 comment:

nay said...

so true, so true, thanks for sharin girl!!...we really do serve such an AMAZING God...hope ur doin good..<3nay